I offer a convenient mobile service on your wedding day, and the option to have a trial at my Balwyn salon or at your location. I work with a team of professional makeup artists and hair stylists and can tailor a service to suit your requirements should you have a group.
View our wedding galleries on our Face Book page here.
If you are planning your wedding please don’t hesitate to contact me and find out how I can assist you with your beauty needs.
Bridal hair & makeup trials
A trial is recommended for all brides, no matter how big or small your wedding! The trial is your opportunity to ensure that the hair and makeup will be perfect on your wedding day. I will create a look that suits your personal style and fits around your dress, flower colours & theme. It is important to put aside at least 1.5 hours for a makeup trial, and 3.5 hours for a hair & makeup trial.
How to get the most out of your trial
Your trial time is valuable, let’s make the most of it! Here are my tips in order to maximise your trial time;
- Have a clear idea of what you have in mind including visuals of the styles you like for hair and makeup.
- Bring in images to help paint a clear picture of your wedding day vision.
- Of course you will have questions – write them down and we can go over this at the end of the trial or I will reply to them via email.
- I always recommend brides to have their trial once dresses are selected and the colour scheme set, so that we can co-ordinate the style.
- Have fresh skin. Makeup always looks more natural and flawless on skin that has been prepped and looked after. It is highly recommended to take up a facial routine at least 3-6 months before your wedding day. If getting to the salon for facials is not possible, I can assist you with quality skin care which will make a visible change to your skin within a month of use.
- Same goes for your hair. Having regular trims is highly recommended to ensure your ends are tidy and hair is smooth and sleek for your desired style. Did you know that regular trims is necessary when growing your hair, and that split ends will slow down growth?
- If you are planning to cut your hair, I recommend holding off until after your trial if possible. Some styles work best with long layers and a haircut could alter your options for styles.
What to expect at your trial
The trial is all about getting the perfect look for the day, so we may trial various colour options for eyes and lips, a variety of foundation types (usually one type on one side and another type on the other side if you are in two minds about a particular foundation type). We will take photos after each change so that you can properly access the look on camera to see what you think.
Hygiene: Disposable wands are used for mascara to ensure a hygienic application. Makeup and hair brushes are washed and sanitised before use and always cleansed between clients for your safety.
Time flies when your getting dolled up, and your trial is no exception! So come in with a clear vision of what you are after, bring along any accessories such as a tiara, veil or hair clips, etc. Enjoy a pot of tea or a glass of sparkling. Images are taken at the trial so that we can see exactly how the makeup/hair is going to look under the flash. These will be resized and emailed to you within a few days of your trial for your records.
Done at the salon in Balwyn – $110 per person. Allow 2 hours.
Done at the salon in Balwyn – $120 per person. Allow 2 hours.
Hair & Makeup combined trials
From $190* per person, done in Balwyn. Allow 3.5 hours.
Please note; a second stylist may be involved on your wedding day depending on ceremony time and number of people. If a second stylist is required at your trial, this may increase the cost of the trial. This will be included in your quote.
Additional info to note
*Saturday trial – $20 additional charge per person
*Additional charge after initial set out trial time – $50 per hour charged by the hour.
*Mobile trial fee – trials done outside the salon will incur a fee from $30 up to 10km’s from Balwyn.
- BRIDE-TO-BE ESSENTIALS PACKAGE
- – Full leg & G-string wax
– Eye brow shape & tint
– Spray tan*
- Valued at $150 ~ save $15!
Spray tan done up to 4 days before wedding.
- HAIR & MAKEUP PACKAGE FOR BRIDE ONLY
- – Trial for brides hair & makeup (done at Balwyn)
– Hair styling on wedding day
– Makeup application on wedding day
– Survival kit including complimentary lip gloss
– Travel to your location on the wedding day*
- *Please note add-on charges may apply as noted in pricing notes below.
All packages come with free makeup application for flower girls under 8.
Add “Mother of the bride/groom” to any package for just $140 – hair & makeup OR $75 for hair or makeup only.
*Travel to locations further than 15km’s from Balwyn will incur extra travel fees. Please include the suburb you are getting ready at, in your enquiry form when contacting Jolene for a quote.
*Any fees incurred for parking at the location we are getting you ready at, will be passed on or included in your quote.
For all other pricing options or to check on wedding date availability please contact Jolene via our contact form.