IPL permanent hair removal & skin rejuvenation
What is IPL?
Intense Pulsed Light is a non-invasive light based technology used to permanently reduce unwanted hair and improve many skin conditions.
How does IPL work?
A pulse of light is emitted via a hand piece at high intensity during a short period of time. With hair reduction, it is directed at the melanin in your hair follicle.
This blast of heat destroys the follicle at the root, causing the hair to come away.
Does it hurt?
Everyone has a different tolerance of the treatment. Some people will feel the pulse more than others.
Each pulse feels like a rubber band flicking on the skin. Some warmth may be felt during treatments, however our machine has a built in cooling system to eliminate heat and deliver a comfortable treatment. Our therapists will make sure you are comfortable at all times. Ice-packs are also used where necessary, to calm and cool any discomfort which can be felt by some skin types.
What can be treated with IPL?
Conditions such as
- age spots, sun spots & freckles
- superficial capillaries, Cherry Angeoma, Poikiloderma
- hair removal to all areas except for eye-brows
Not everyone can be treated by IPL due to their skin type or other critical factors. At the consultation, we will be able to let you know what you can expect and whether you are a candidate for IPL treatments.
We offer consultations for $20, where you will be taken through the process and receive a patch test in order to determine the correct setting for your skin. This takes around 20 minutes. Should you wish to proceed, this will come off the balance of your treatment. If you are not a successful candidate, we will credit the consultation fee toward another treatment of your choice.
How many treatments will I need?
Permanent hair reduction:
6-8 treatments spaced four to six weeks apart
Sun spot reduction:
4-6 treatments spaced four weeks apart
2 – 6 treatments spaced two to three weeks apart
4 – 6 treatments spaced four weeks apart
Ongoing treatments weekly or fortnightly until eliminated
Why choose Karma Beauty for IPL?
Qualified and very experienced with IPL treatments. Karma Beauty guarantees:
- We use the highest quality equipment which is TGA approved, and follow best practice methods.
- We charge by the treatment area, rather than by the minute, to allow us to deliver a more safe & thorough treatment.
- Your treatment will never be rushed or double booked.
- We offer low cost consultations to ensure you are the right candidate for IPL and to ensure you understand the procedure fully.